Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I stand corrected

So a few days ago I blogged about my disdain for people. Today my faith in people was restored by one person and her one, simple gesture. Being a part of the rescue community I see a lot of icky things, things I wouldn't repeat here, things that make me really dislike people. But then people like Jennifer come along.
I went to grab my mail today and I had a package. I love getting packages!!! I eagerly opened it up and in it was the cutest leash and collar along with a lovely note. Let me back up a bit. While Preacher was going through chemo I had listed some Grab Bags in my etsy store. I wasn't sure how they would do, but they actually went over very well. People were very supportive. Jennifer with Rogue Collars ordered one. I sent off her grab bag and didn't think too much more about it.
When Preacher completed chemo I took the Grab Bags out of my etsy shop. But today, totally out of the blue I got a package from Jennifer. I eagerly opened it up to find the cutest collar AND leash for Preacher along with a sweet and touching card. She doesn't know Preacher. She doesn't know me. But something about our story must have touched her. And instead of just putting it out of her mind she chose to do something. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE the collar and the leash, but even more than that I love the thought. Preacher is 11 years old and he has cancer. The cards are stacked against him. But he has done so well. Beyond well. And I believe with all of my heart that all of the people who have sent him well wishes are truly helping him. I believe that.
This is Jennifer's Great Dane wearing one of her CUTE collars with frogs on it! Seriously, how freakin' cute is that?!?!?! I will post pictures of Preacher in his new ensemble soon - I just didn't have time, I had to post this as soon as I opened my package, I was in awe.
Now, wanna pass along all this good, good feeling? This good karma? This proof that people can be good and do good things? Go visit Jennifer's shop(s). Let's support the little guy instead of the big box stores. You can find Jennifer on Etsy
Jennifer, thank you. Thank you for caring. I know a lot of people care, but they don't all act on that feeling. Thank you for being a dog lover. Thank you for caring about Preacher even though you don't know him. Thank you for restoring my faith in people and their goodness. Thank you.