Saturday, December 19, 2009

let it snow...pretty please.

Don't you remember how much you wished for it to snow as a kid? I grew up in Lubbock, TX and we got pretty decent snows every winter. Not sure how old Kim and I are in this picture (eight-ish?) or if we were auditioning for a Saturday Night Live cone head skit, but I do know we had so, so much fun on snow days. No school, walking the 10 blocks to each others houses, never realizing how freezing it was because we were having too much fun. I never grew out of that. I know a lot of adults who think I am crazy for always wishing for cold weather, ice, and snow - but I just never grew out of that kid like anticipation of "bad" weather. I love the idea of hunkering down inside and making soup, building a fire, and the occasional trips outside to see how much snow has accumulated.

Back to the photo: Don't you love the rudimentary snow man? Kid snowmen are the best! I don't know if you can tell but the mouth is made from a dog biscuit and the nose from half a dog biscuit. Ingenious! Poor Permella was probably not thrilled seeing that those treats were headed somewhere other than her belly. Not to mention it looks like I am choking her to get her to stand with us for the photo op. Permella was my childhood dog. My mom and dad got her when my mom was pregnant with me. Side note about that: my dad wanted to name ME Permella but thank God they got the dog before I came along!

Anyway, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!