Monday, November 16, 2009


Fall. I love everything about it. I especially love all of the food that comes with fall and spending time in my kitchen making soups and pies. My kitchen is comfortable and bright and very, very me. I am already excited with anticipation for Thanksgiving morning...waking up and turning my little kitchen tv to the parade, cranking up the oven, and figuring out which pie to start first while Tom and the dogs sleep in in the other room. It is the best.

With Thanksgiving next week I have pies on the brain. It's about time to start peeling the pumpkins and steaming them, roasting the seeds, and counting out how many pie plates I am going to need this year. A possible 24 people at the table means a wholelotta pies! So everyone does pumpkin, right? And pecan? What else? What is your family tradition?