Monday, November 10, 2008

Christmas cards, already?

I know it's only the very beginning of November but I've got to start thinking about these things. So what do you think about this photo for our Christmas card picture? Let me back up a bit - every year I include a photo of one of our dogs in our Christmas card. i try to use a different dog every year - and with 11 to choose from, well, I never have to use the same dog year after year. So, let me introduce you to Preacher. He is our 10 year old Great Dane. We rescued him from Great Dane Rescue in Dallas when he was just 10 months old. Is he not the most gorgeous boy you have EVER seen? he was dumped by his "lovely" breeder when they discovered he was deaf. Well let me tell you, a deaf dog is a blessing in disguise. I'm not saying all breeds would be "good" deaf dogs - but Preacher is AWESOME! No barking when the doorbell rings, I can vaccuum right next to his head - well, he is just the best dog in the whole world. His only fault - he can get the bread off the top of the fridge. Our solution: a bread box! Anyway, I stray from my point...Isn't this a great photo for a Christmas Card? All the white and all? i love it! And I absolutely love to bits my big Preacher Man!!