Monday, November 23, 2009

jeez-a-lou, as Frank would say.

I'm telling you, I feel like I have been on a 24 hour roller coaster ride - and I am not a fan of roller coasters in general. So Preacher was fantastic yesterday and not-so-much today. In fact tonight we have been having to carry him outside to go to the bathroom. He's been laying/sleeping on the couch all day. We have every finger and toe crossed that this is a combination of a sore back and the pain meds knocking him for a loop. One minute I am convinced that it's just that and the next I am just sure that he is out of remission. And the truth is - what the hell do I know? But apparently I like to guess and second guess and all around drive myself batty with worry until I have someone that actually knows what they are talking about tell me what is really going on.

In the mean time, I think the other dogs must know that they should not be torturing Preacher. Normally if he is laying on the couch Pasqual has no issues with jumping right up next to him to cozy up - the thing is, Preacher wants nothing to do with that, never has. So he gives a grumpy growl and huffs off to find a new spot. Well tonight Pasqual, more gingerly than normal, jumped up on the couch but this time perched himself on the arm of the couch. Now, remember, this is a 55-60 pound pit bull. But he seemed quite content to nap on the not-so-comfortable-looking arm of the couch. Hmmm. Maybe he is maturing, he's 10 years old. it's time.