Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Business Man

 
My little cutie patootie turned nine today!  I can hardly believe it!  When he came into our lives eight years ago we didn't plan on him staying...in fact he had an adopter all lined up, but then he got sick and we found out that he had a liver shunt and might require a very pricey surgery.  And on top of that his social skills were, um, questionable.  So Tom and I decided he could live out his life with us. Eight years later and his liver condition is much improved!  I wish I could say the same for his social skills.  Although they came in quite handy today when an odd looking guy on the street asked me to buy him lunch.  It's funny, New York City is FULL of dogs, tons of them! but people still walk by and act shocked when we are walking the dogs.  And they just reach at him while I desperately try to scramble backwards hurriedly saying "he's not that great with strangers!" when what I should be saying is "he's down right wicked and he will turn into Linda Blair before your very eyes if you don't back off!"  

He's come such a long way from Hurricane Katrina to Texas to vacationing in NYC.  And I think he knows it.  He's chock full of piss and vinegar!  What he lacks in size he makes up for in personality.  I would love for you to meet him but in case you never have the pleasure:
  • He has a fairly serious lisp.
  • He has strabismus (he's cross eyed).
  • He has an open line to The Donald.
  • He's quite the clothes horse.
  • He walks on his front feet to pee (it's just more dignified!)
  • His favorite show is So You Think You Can Dance.
  • His favorite actor is Jessie Tyler Ferguson.
  • When he sees his "grandmother" he reaches for her like a big ole baby!
  • He has his own office which he uses for mergers and acquisitions.
  • He would very much like to be the star of Instagram (#thebusinessman) and gets mad when other dogs get more "likes" than him!

Our sweet little Business Man fills our lives with laughter.  It might sound odd to be thankful for a hurricane, but if it had to happen I am so glad it blew this little guy into my life.