Tuesday, September 17, 2013

baby steps...


It took me a little while.  At first I felt desperate to make this ring.  But once I had all of the pieces cut out I hit a brick wall.  I don't really understand it.  Emotions are a total mystery to me sometimes.  Things that one day feel healing and cathartic the next day feel scary and intimidating.  As our trip to New York got closer I knew I wanted to bring the ring with me so it was time to put it together...I keep thinking I should be typing finish, it's time to finish the ring, or say, "the ring is finished" but I absolutely loathe the way that sounds.  I don't want it to be finished.  I'm just gonna say that it is now ready to wear.

I love it.  Looking at it mostly makes me happy.  The day before it was "ready to wear" I didn't think I could do it.  I actually had to stop and start a giant new project to purposely overwhelm my brain.  But the next day I came back to it...  So strange the way the brain works.  

Well I've been out walking
I don't do that much talking 
These days
These days I seem to think a lot
About the things that I forgot to do
For you
And all the times I had the chance to

-Jackson Browne