Monday, July 26, 2010

50% off earrings

Today: 50% off earrings. Tomorrow: well, you'll have to tune in to see. But it is five days of sales and five days of free shipping.

In these economic times I doubt jewelery is high on most people's priority list. But I have such loyal customers, such fantastic tried and true shoppers and they are still buying. So I thought I'd offer up a couple of deals to make the shopping a little easier. And it helps me too. Win win.

Oh, and if you're curious about the display props - those are pill bottles with song lyric prescriptions. When I was in college, about to graduate, everyone has to participate in a "senior show". Most of us spent the entire semester gearing up for this gallery show of our work. My work was a series of pill bottles. Anti-depressants to be specific. I etched a "prescription" into each bottle. They were really song lyrics. I cast sterling silver bottle tops and hung a medicine cabinet in the gallery. I was really proud of that piece.

I don't get to do much sculptural work these days, but it's pretty cool that I can use that last college product in my work today. very cool.