Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lazy days...

ahhhh, the last day of vacation. Somehow I don't think the dogs know that it's back to work tomorrow. Not that they have to "work". Don't get me wrong, if I could strap a hammer into their little paws I'd do it in a heart beat. But they have gotten pretty used to mom and dad being home all day doing not much more than just hanging out with them. And as you can see from the photos, they are quite happy with that arrangement. There is not much that I enjoy more than a cozy evening at home with Tom and the dogs resting contently all around us.
But tomorrow means back to reality and the house goes back to reality too. No more twinkling lights, snow globes, and snowmen cookie jars. Tomorrow is put-away-the-Christmas-decorations day. Ick. It's not so much that I dislike the chore of it, it's that I dislike the end of Christmas and having to wait a whole year for it to come around again. This year felt so hectic, much more than past years. So I made the decision already that I am putting out all of my Christmas cheer (decorations and such) the weekend before Thanksgiving. I am.
One last thing, in this last picture, there's Preacher, sleeping peacefully, but can you see Pasqual's little chicken leg sticking out from behind that pillow? He's so funny. It's not enough to lay on the couch, he has to lay on top of the pillows on top of the couch. silly goose.