Wednesday, October 7, 2009

round 12

Yesterday was round 12 of chemo for Preacher. This weeks drug was vincristine, which he has done really well on from the beginning. Thankfully it is the most frequently used drug he has been getting. But this week wasn't quite as easy on him as past weeks. Maybe we've gotten a little too relaxed about this whole cancer thing, I don't know. But he has had a little upset belly and frequent trips outside if you know what I mean. We've been cooking up the hamburger again and he's eating that. So hopefully this was just an itty bitty hiccup and he'll feel better tomorrow. Keep him in your thoughts and I'll pass on some extra hugs and kisses.

4 comments:

crussell said...

Hope Preacher is feeling better!!

Narelle said...

Hope he's doing better now.
Give him a big hug & kiss for me.

It's funny how we can become so nonchalant about events that had only recently disrupted our lives.
We all do it!

I think Preacher has done so well because you have been so calm & he would be sensing that.

Metalsgirl said...

Thanks so much! It's crazy how our bodies and minds adjust to things that, like you said, only recently were so disruptive. But the good news is he is feeling MUCH better. In fact, we have had a little cold spurt and he is prancing around like a horse. So cute! Thanks again for all of your kind words.

Jack the Schnauzer's Canine Cancer Journey said...

Hi - I am pleased to hear he is better and sorry I haven't been on but I had a shock on October 6 in finding out that Jack was out of remission - he had no symptoms at all. So the past couple of weeks have been dealing with that. I seriously wasn't expecting it.