Friday, February 3, 2012

a horror movie, chinese, and candy hearts.

Our version of Valentine's Day. Rent a movie, take out Chinese, cinnamon candy hearts. This year we're doing some kind of horror movie - I heard recently that Valentine's Day actually has something to do with some beheading...now, I heard that on a sitcom so I don't know how true it is, but Tom and I are running with it and renting some sort of scary, turn off all the lights, and prepare to be spooked, movie. What are your Valentine's plans?
I look forward to our non-traditional heart day plans every year. It might be a cheesy, made-up holiday, but I like it. Any excuse to tell people you love them is good by me. And maybe the whole "heart" thing is over done, but I won't give it up. Once January hits and the Christmas crazies are over I got into full on heart-making mode!! This year I have a few new Valentine's Day goodies in my Metalsgirl repertoire. Like these square brass bangles...

And of course, the perfect stand by, charms in red, fuchsia, purple, white...

Happy Valentine's Day!