Monday, January 30, 2012

looking up

Have I mentioned how glad I am that 2011 is long gone? I'm probably sounding like broken record, but really! 2011 had some sh%&# moments! And not just for me, for people I love. So having rounded the corner into 2012, that alone means things are looking up.

We've just about got January under our belt and February means two shows for me and Valentine's Day. All good stuff.

The first show is this Thursday. My friend Liz of Bolsa Bonita had the brilliant idea to have an out-with-the-old-in-with-the-new sale to which I said, "Amen, I am in!" You can see all of the details HERE - it's me, Liz, and our friend Victoia of Victrola Designs. I am gonna have MAJOR sales!! I'm just really ready to begin some new work and need to let go of some things that have been hanging around for awhile. So come see us - Thursday the 2nd from 5-9.

Then on the 11th is the next Austin Flea. Love, love, love this show! It's just so darn Austin-y. Great local artists, foodies, vintage gatherers sharing their finds. It's just kind of my dream show. We'll be at the Highball from 11-5.

And then just a few days later is Valentine's Day. I know, I know, it's a made up holiday by greeting card companies. yada yada yada. I don't really care. For Tom and I it's an excuse to have one more tradition that just belongs to us - rent a movie, get take out chinese, plop down on the couch and just hang out together. No big fancy dinner, no pressure.

So 2012 is off to a good start. Life is looking up.