Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Delta Dawn

It's been several months since Tom and I have been able to foster. When Preacher began chemo we were advised not to foster because of his compromised immune system. Since foster dogs usually come from the shelter and have a questionable vaccine history it was a no brainer for us that we would not take in any new dogs until he finished chemo and we knew he was healthy.

So the other day I got an e-mail from a friend...her brother found this adorable little dog running down the highway. Luckily he was kind enough to stop and pick her up before she was hit. Tom and I brought her home a few days ago. It took her approximately one day for me to fall in love with her! She is a 10 year old Pomeranian with a heart murmur, cataracts, a mouth full of bad teeth, and two bad knees. We got the teeth cleaned, Xrays of the heart, and all of her vaccines...with all of that done our vet feels that she has a lot of years left in her. She has THE most precious little personality, she just makes me giggle at her silly little head rolls and prancing. I missed fostering.