Friday, February 3, 2012

a horror movie, chinese, and candy hearts.

Our version of Valentine's Day. Rent a movie, take out Chinese, cinnamon candy hearts. This year we're doing some kind of horror movie - I heard recently that Valentine's Day actually has something to do with some beheading...now, I heard that on a sitcom so I don't know how true it is, but Tom and I are running with it and renting some sort of scary, turn off all the lights, and prepare to be spooked, movie. What are your Valentine's plans?
I look forward to our non-traditional heart day plans every year. It might be a cheesy, made-up holiday, but I like it. Any excuse to tell people you love them is good by me. And maybe the whole "heart" thing is over done, but I won't give it up. Once January hits and the Christmas crazies are over I got into full on heart-making mode!! This year I have a few new Valentine's Day goodies in my Metalsgirl repertoire. Like these square brass bangles...

And of course, the perfect stand by, charms in red, fuchsia, purple, white...

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: