Friday, March 5, 2010

travel = anxiety

Well, at least for me it does. I love to travel. I hate to leave my dogs. The sad truth is that there are not a lot of places that can accommodate 12 dogs. And there are not a lot of cars that accommodate 12 dogs. So when we do travel the pups stay home. The truth is, it's good. They get to stay in an environment where they are comfortable. My very fabulous parents and brother who they know and love come and take care of them. But I am a worrier. Always have been. And let me tell you, I am a pro. I have found ways to worry that would put the best worrier to shame. For example, as a child the opening into the attic in our house was in my bedroom closet and the door was always a little askew, just a little open. That worried me. I wanted to close it all the way BUT what if I did and then one day it was open again? There's just no good answer there so the worry stuck with me until we moved, like five years later.

I worry before every trip. But I do think there is a bit more validity to my worry this time, what with Preacher's stuff and Clarence's bout with, well, poopie issues. I have been to the vet to discuss my travel plans and I have called them. My dad asked me today if I have considered slipping some sort of GPS device into the vet's shoe so I can know where he is at all times. I know, I know, I am totally over the top - but these are my kids. I don't have people kids, I have dog kids. My name is Laura and I am a worrier.