Monday, August 24, 2009

Getting ready for ACL blog contest...

Okay, it's time for some more audience participation. I am counting down the weeks to ACL. I have made a chart of what I think I need, what I need to make and how much of each item. But no matter how much I pour over it, consider and reconsider, it's all still a big giant guess. So, here's where you come in. Hopefully everyone of you reading my little blog is going to be attending ACL...you're dying to see Pearl Jam or Levon Helm or Kings of Leon and shop the artists market...okay, maybe not all of you, but imagine for a minute you were and you were shopping the artists at a music festival...what would you buy? Bracelets? Earrings? Necklaces? Gifts for others, mementos, something for yourself? Tell me your thoughts, opinions...think of it as a survey. To show my appreciation of your feedback I will draw a name from the comment-ers and send you a pair of the above pictured concave disc earrings! Leave your e-mail so I can notify the winner. I seriously need your help!

12 comments:

emster said...

I would bring lots of the little resin necklaces. They're super affordable and would be a nice gift to bring back home.
And sunscreen
And comfortable shoes
Good luck!
@emsteratx
elehane @ gmail .com

Flaunt Designs Jewelry said...

I would be more likely to buy some fun earrings - 'cos they're the thing I wear most! Lots of people love earrings, not too expensive, fun - and the ACL folk'll appreciate independent, free minded sellers with colorful, fun wares! Have fun down there in Austin, hope it's cooler than Dallas, LOL!

burrito said...

I'm usually drawn to necklaces (for both me and as a good gift)... but I can usually only afford earrings!

Noble Beeyotch said...

I'd prefer earrings or pendants. Things that are small and inexpensive but that would still serve as momento!

jewels.of.india.01@gmail.com

Kate8085 said...

Rings and necklaces! Earrings are always a great gift, too.
All of your work is awesome for a gift to give to someone else, and one for myself. I personally love, love, love your rings.
Its gonna be such an awesome show!
You will do great!

k8085@hotmail.com

Meredith said...

I would buy earrings and necklaces/pendants. Mostly for me, but probably one or two for family and friends.

~Meredith F.
rosesaremyfavorite at hotmail dot com

Janice said...

I mostly buy for myself and am most likely to buy earrings or a ring. I LOVE RINGS! And earrings are just wy too fun and easy to own TONS of....fun to switch out with every outfit - thats a great selling point for your little colored earrings, one for every color of the rainbow or one for every day of the week!
Janice janiceihg AT hotmail DOT com

PonderandStitch said...

Hmmm...I'd say probably earrings. I do love bracelets but my wrists are so very tiny that bracelets I find at shops are always too big. Those concave disc earrings are awesome!

myhools (at) yahoo .com

robyncz said...

Can you do a special edition ACL beer cap thingy without infringing on trademarks and such? It would be such a cool low-cost collectible thing.

Other than that--I think your those concave disk earrings are da bomb--which you already know because I've ordered 50 gazillion of them as gifts. But I can say that people really, really like them.

And a variety of the hammered silver bracelets with resin charms. Those are so cool, too.

Aik said...

I'd buy jewelry, because they're not too expensive and girls like me LOVE them! Please remember to enter my giveaway here:

http://aik-friendsnfamily.blogspot.com/2009/08/whoo-hoo-my-first-blog-giveaway.html

aikychien at yahoo dot com

Katcando Jewelry said...

I'd buy something related to the ACL concert.
My husband and I are actually flying in for the event from WI. Also going to the huge antique show south of Austin. It's going to be awesome few days!

Where will I find your booth?

polishedtwo.etsy.com said...

I've got my ACL tix! I'm a fan of the resin charms. I'd add them to my own necklace with my other charms, but it would also be great to have some necklace options available like ball chains or hemp cords.