Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The file system in my brain is broken.

You know those days where you are working along, feeling quite productive, and you think of something you need to do. So you stop what you are doing to go do the thing you just thought of...while doing thing number two it occurs to you that there is something else you just must do now or you'll forget it altogether, so you move on to thing number three and so on and so on and so on until you realize that thing number one is still sitting there, first in a long line of half way done tasks. Welcome to my life.

I think I am on thing number 12,000.

My brilliant idea of 30 days of new jewelry (see photo above), while still a good idea in theory, is, in practice not working out as well as I had hoped. The fact that I came down with a fantastic case of strep AND the flu didn't help my already sinking ship. And on top of that I am very busy planning another round of The Austin Flea in conjunction with Dogtoberfest (a fundraiser for Blue Dog Rescue). Ahem. Too much. Did I mention trying to help coordinate and proof the production of the fifth Music and Mutts calendar (another fundraiser for BDR)?

I am not even exaggerating when I say that I have, at a minimum, 8-10 To Do lists going at a time. I am as scattered as the scarecrow in the Wizard of Oz, bless his little straw heart. So my question is this? Does it take an actual wizard to organize your life?