Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Oooey gooey Cinnamon Rolls for Easter and Mother's Day

Why do I only make these cinnamon rolls twice a year? They aren't THAT much trouble and they are soooooooooo good! I was up late one night, couldn't sleep, and was watching the Food Network. Emeril was making recipes submitted by viewers. He made these cinnamon rolls. I thought they sounded good and fairly easy so I tried them and my whole family is addicted! The recipe calls for frozen bread dough. Not to bash on anyone who uses pre-made stuff - but I am not really a mix or frozen food kinda girl. So buying frozen bread dough was a little painful for me. But this year I made my great-grandmother's bread dough and used it for the cinnamon rolls. All I can say is NO more frozen bread dough EVER!

So the above photo is of the freshly rolled up rolls that have been placed in the pan of goo - aka brown sugar, butter, karo, whiskey, and pecans.
Here they are after they have risen for about 45 minutes.

And here they are after they've been baked. Now I did not get a photo after I flipped them over onto the plate. Sorry. But it was Easter brunch and everyone was clamoring to eat. Oh, I wish I had one right now.