Thursday, July 28, 2011

Preacher Man Update, sort of.

I don't really have much of an update. It's just that I took this soooo cute picture of him this morning and I was dying to share it!! Things are pretty much status quo. I will say this, when anything goes wrong with your pets, family, friends, whoever, I think the first reaction is to baby them or coddle them. And along the way as different things have come up with Preacher we have definitely done that. As an example - there for awhile he had lost confidence because he had fallen a few times. So every single time he wanted to get up we were right there to "spot" him and sometimes to literally pick him up and move him off the couch. I think we thought he had lost more strength than he actually had. In fact, he was just a bit insecure and we were feeding that insecurity. Over the past couple of weeks we've made him do it on his own and he is doing sooooooo much better. He is not nearly as weak as he would have had us believe. He actually seems to be getting a little stronger and I think it has a lot to do with him having to actually use his muscles instead of us doing it for him. Anywho, that's the latest! Happy Thursday everyone!