Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Still moments.

There aren't too many quiet moments this time of year, are there?  I was just emailing back and forth with a couple of different groups of friends trying to plan some time together and it's like no one has a spare moment.  And I am probably the most guilty of all.  I sound like a broken record because I say this every year, but its hard to have your busiest time of year during the holidays, especially for someone like me who is such a Christmas dork!  I love it ALL!  I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't mind the stores putting out Christmas stuff just after the Fourth of July!  

So I have to find the still moments where ever I can.  Those quiet times where you can stop and just take it all in, enjoy where you are and who you are with.  It's hard to remember to do it when everything around you is all sorts of hustle and bustle.  But those moments are precious.  They are the ones I would like to slip into my pocket and treasure.

So in the midst of your list making, your frenzied shopping jaunts, the holiday party circuit, the marathon gift wrapping, the mad dash to get the stockings hung and the tree trimmed, the panicked search for THE perfect gift, the sheer pressure of it all, don't forget to find your still moments...sipping egg nog and watching Miracle on 34th Street (the best Christmas movie of all time) or bundling up in your robe looking out over a dark, frosty morning or plopping down on a curb after shopping with the family and just appreciating the fact that you have family you actually really enjoy being with...

Don't forget...