Sunday, July 17, 2011

Just what the doctor ordered.

Boy, did I need this weekend. I cannot remember the last time we had a weekend with absolutely nothing going on. Seriously, I bet it has been years. I'm not exaggerating. There is always something. Sure, lots of times it's fun stuff, dinner with friends or family, dog adoptions, just stuff. But this weekend we didn't have a single plan. It was Heaven! We lazed around Friday night and I sat and knit while we watched a movie before starting a Weeds marathon. We don't have fancy cable so we don't get to watch the show as it happens, but once it hits Netflix it's on! The show is not for everyone for sure! But it's funny and has these characters that you root for but you can't figure out why. If you watch House you know exactly what I mean...except that I can't root for him anymore, that thing has gone off the rails! Anyway, we watched like 8 episodes of Weeds Friday night, slept in a little on Saturday, did some work during the day, then started up the marathon again. It was awesome until we hit that last episode! Argggg! Still, it was relaxing even though I am dying to know what idiotic thing Nancy does next!

ps if you also need a Barney Fife mug/knitting needle holder - and we all do! - you can get your own right here.