Saturday, January 22, 2011

day one and a half

We just wrapped up our first full day back in the city and I am pooped. I am headed to bed but thought I'd share a couple of photos of the goings on... This first photo is the view from the apartment we are staying in - Thank You Julie! It's pretty fantastic, yeh? We are dog sitting for a former foster dog, which is utterly cool and I'll post more on that soon.
Here's Finnegan, said dog that we are sitting for. He is beyond precious and is making this trip even more fun. And he is a trooper for sweaters and peeing in the snow!
Chilequilies for brunch at Bobby Flay's restaurant, Mesa Grill. Ummm, Yum! And they came with a side of grits that were the best grits I've ever had. It was crazy good.
Okay, this was so cool - we were walking through the Union Square Green Market, which is mostly food and is always one of my very favorite things to do in the city. It's always one of our first stops and we go back several times each trip - but this was the fist time I have seen this vendor. I wish I could remember the name and I'd give them a little plug here...but it's a sheep farm and they sell everything from the meat to the wool to hats made from the wool. It was really cool. Needless to say I bought some yarn!
And last, Tom with all the snow in Union Square Park, my favorite park in the city. There is about four inches or so of snow on the ground. It fell the night before we arrived so it's still here and still beautiful. Everything just glistens. It even looks pretty on the trash bags on the curb...although on our walk tonight Finnegan turned some of it yellow. Oops!