Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Hurry up and slow down!

Tom took this picture of my precious aunt, Deanie and I at Cherrywood last weekend. I think that was the very beginning of the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. I am not sure what it was about this year but it seemed much, much more stressful than years past. The scary thing about that is that I put all kinds of plans in place to make sure that this year would go more smoothly than the last. So what went wrong? Did I:
  1. not implement the plan well?
  2. forget how stressful last year actually was?
  3. or actually have a much, much busier year?
I guess I will know if it was #3 when tax time rolls around. But, uggg, I do not want to think about that now!

Here is what I do know - I have finally, finally been able to do a few of the things that I love about this time of year.
  • I've begun wrapping presents. I love the art of wrapping a beautiful package. I think the invention of the gift bag was a major bummer.
  • I went to dinner with the girls last night. We lingered over coffee and had that loooong talk that ranges for serious to laughter and can take the place of five visits to the therapist.
  • And as I type I am getting to watch The Family Stone again for the 8 or 9th time.
So, as hectic as the holidays can be, I hope that everyone can take some time to enjoy what it means to you - whether it is family, religious, business, what ever you love most about this time of year...take the time to sit back, take a breath, and soak it in.
Merry Christmas.