Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Birthday to me, two days ago.

I never thought I would be one of those people who hated having birthdays. I guess it's not really the birthday thing, it's the turning another year older thing. But I really am surprised by how much it bothers me. It's just a number, it's just another day, all those things people say. I think I've figured out that it's the whole biological clock thing. It's not that I necessarily want kids, but it's that I resent it being taken out of my hands. I think that's what the whole birthday thing boils down to in a nut shell.

So, what does that all have to do with a Smurf cake? Well, this photo was from my birthday 30 years ago. Me and Kim, still best friends and still celebrating birthdays together, for more than 33 years now. And still fans of smurfs.