Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The mean reds.

I am so identifying with Holly Golightly's mean reds right now. I've been a big whiner for the past few months due to some pretty unpleasant, on-going, seemingly never ending back pain. Back pain due to a variety of things, some involving internal issues and some involving lifting a 120 pound Great Dane into the back of an SUV. Either way I can't decide if I am more sick of the pain or more sick of my whiney-ness. I can tell you this, somethings gotta change. I'm getting all kinds of advice and instead of it making me do something it's making me feel paralyzed with indecisiveness. I've gone the traditional dr. route. Where to now? Chiropractor? Physical Therapy? Massage Therapist? Acupuncture? or pull the covers back over my head?

7 comments:

Kate said...

I have been, and will always be, a strong advocate for acupuncture. It's amazing what those little needles can do for you!

And if you decide to go the chiropractic route, try to find a doctor who specializes in the activator method (http://www.activator.com/) instead of the traditional jerky, bone cracking method. Eek. That can't be good. I popped two ribs out and two visits for the activator had be right as rain.

Good luck!!!

robyncz said...

Boo for back pain. I don't have any advice for you, only good wishes. I hope you get some relief soon!

Julie said...

I've tried all those things for various ailments and while I think none of those are a bad choice, I am a huge huge believer in physical therapy. Many PTists are also massage therapists and can do strategic massages to fix just the right thing during your PT. PT fixed my back. And knee. And shoulder. :) I'm sorry your back is hurting!!

Muddy Lotus Designs said...

Three words...UPPER CERVICAL CARE!!! I have been in pain for the past for years and this was finnaly the thing that worked. I cant tell you how much it helped me, check out this website and see for yourself. They dont crack you either. There are doctors all over america also... I know exactly how you feel about being sick and tired of being sick and tired... Give this a chance, you wont regret it... Good luck to you...Erin

Muddy Lotus Designs said...

Sorry I forgot to leave the web address...Duh.lol..

www.uppercervicalhawaii.com

This website is for hawaii but has all the info youll need...

Victoria Webb said...

Gentle stretching- knees to chest, lying on back. Rest, lots of it. Hot baths. Swimming if you like it. No lifting! Backs can take months to heal.

I've managed a variety of back pain through swimming laps, yoga- for years. It can be done. Sounds like you pulled some big muscles.

Time will heal. I don't like chiropractors or needles myself, but massage is good. Be kind to yourself!

Mama Deb said...

Have you heard of network spinal analysis? I've been taking Miles for about a year now with good results. Check it out...totally non-invasive.