Tuesday, January 12, 2010

cute as can be.

I think that this will be my go-to picture when ever I need a smile.

When my Aunt Millie passed away last year we went through tons of photos and this one was my absolute favorite. It's of my Aunt Millie and her youngest brother, my Uncle Jim. I wish I knew what year it was - I would love to know how old they are in this picture. When I look at it I feel pure joy. I never saw them act like this. Don't get me wrong, I saw them have fun - my family rocked! When I was a kid we played kick the can and all of my aunts and uncles (keep in mind, these are my Great aunts and uncles, my grandmother's brother and sister) they would all be out there running to find the best hiding place right with us kids. And when I hurt my knee and couldn't ride the bike I got for my birthday - my Uncle Jim put me in his lap and rode that little girly bike all over my grandmothers back yard.

It's getting close to time to go and pack up Aunt Millie's house. There is part of me that is so looking forward to all of the memories that it will conjure up...but I don't know how to walk out that door the last time. I think I'll need this photo to look at and make me smile.