Saturday, January 16, 2010

Craft Hope for Haiti

This evening I had a real shock. The door bell rang and Tom went to the door, stepped outside and was out there for a looooong time talking to someone. Turns out it was two young women going door to door to enlighten people on the Mormon faith. In the course of their conversation Tom mentioned to them that they might use their power of prayer for the people of Haiti. Their response - "Why, what happened in Haiti?" Uh, what? HOW does anyone not know about the horrible tragedy in Haiti?

Okay, so I've gotta get past that. Being one of the people who does know about the earthquake in Haiti, I have seen a lot of different ways to donate to various causes. This is one that I felt like I could get involved in in my own way. Craft Hope for Hope is a way to donate money to this cause and receive a handmade item. They have organized their shop so that artists can donate items and 100% of the money raised goes to Doctors Without Borders. To read more about Craft Hope please visit their website.
I just sent my donation to them tonight...this "Choose Joy" bracelet. It should be posted in their shop (they have a shop on etsy, yay etsy!!) in the next few days.


If you would like to donate to another charity to support the efforts in Haiti check out the Yele Haiti Earthquake Fund.
“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” — Anne Frank