Friday, October 9, 2009

fun with enamel

I don't know if you remember, but a while back I decided to teach myself the whole enameling process. I've loved the look of it for years and since my work often is mistaken for enamel, I thought I should have an inkling of what it's all about. I didn't want to buy a kiln, I wasn't quite that committed, so I read a bit, researched a bit, and sorta learned how to "fire-torch" enamel.
But, since finding out that I was accepted into ACL Festival I hunkered down on my typical jewelry line and put the enameling aside. Well, since ACL didn't go so hot my friends and family have been trying to cheer me up. The other day my friend Casey said, "look at it this way, you're all stocked up for Christmas, now you can play with the enamels again." And I did just that - all day today! Smart Casey!
So here are a few of the necklaces I have made over the past few days. Simple, but bold. Now I just want to make more, more, more!!!

4 comments:

susan said...

Wow, love your enamal pieces!!!
Sorry to hear the show was a bust- it seems art show sales are way down all over the country. Lets hope it all picks back up for Christmas.
I've been folllowing your posts on Preacher- glad to see he is coming along-- How many more treatments does he have? I'm sending good karma his way right now.
Keep up the enamaling and post your new pretties.
Susan

Metalsgirl said...

Thanks so much Susan! All of the comments that people have left on this blog have meant more to me during this time that any of you could possibly know. Preacher is doing beautifully. It's been a little cooler here lately and he's acting like a puppy. I keep trying to get video to post here but he sees the camera and freezes, like he's posing or something! :) He has about six treatments left and is still in full remission. Thank you for sending good karma! Like I said, we appreciate it more than you know. Take care.

Kim Maguire said...

Love these pieces,.. Christmas????? For me????? (I'm just sayin'). Love the ACL post as well! L.

Joanne said...

I love the black and white enamel one - and I wear my enamel ones all the time. Might have to have me one of those for Christmas!