Monday, August 3, 2009

a beachy breather

I took a much needed breather and headed down to the Texas beach. A lot of people aren't big fans of the beaches we have here and honestly, if you said I could go to the Oregon coast or Maine, I would abandon the Texas beaches in a heart beat. But since this little beach is just a few hours away it's the go to beach for us. And Port Aransas is a great, crusty little town. It's basically still a little fishing village. Maybe the term "village" is a stretch. Village sounds like some quaint little town in Vermont. This is, well, like I said, crusty. But it's not all built up and full of bars and party-ing kids. God I sound old. Anyway, it was great. It was just my mom, my cousin-but-more-like-an-aunt Jan, and my friend Casey...oh, and The Business Man.