Monday, June 8, 2009

Our revolving door...

Can you stand how cute this dog is? Can you even imagine that he was like minutes from being euthanized? Don't get me wrong, I think our local shelter is great, they do what they can - it's the people that dump the dogs there that make me crazy. Anyway, I got an e-mail about these two from the shelter rescue coordinator with a deadline of 4pm that day. Around 3:30 I had Tom convinced we should go meet them. I shot off an e-mail to the shelter to hold on to them!

My mom and I went down to the shelter to meet them on Saturday. There was tons of interest in lots of the dogs down there - but none on these two. They had been owner surrendered to the shelter. Dropped in a night drop box. The little shaggy thing is a boy and the little miniature fox is a little girl and they could not be sweeter. And let me tell you - a bath went a long way with these two.
So, with Scribble, Captain, and Tenille, our last round of fosters, all adopted into loving homes - we were able to go pick up these two. They don't have names yet - we're still working on that. Feel free to send any suggestions our way. They should be posted on the Blue Dog Rescue site by tomorrow morning! Check 'em out!

5 comments:

Chris Stone said...

They are soooo cute! *and i'm not even into dogs!*

Copperheart said...

What sweet doggies! I would take them both home if I could.

robyncz said...

Laura, I want to be you when I grow up!

They are adorable. That little girl is speaking to me from far away. I'd better not look again or we're going to be in serious trouble!

Kate8085 said...

So cute!!
(Don't tell my dogs I said that.)

Ishkie said...

Hmmm, the boy should be named Clyde, since you also love Jackson Browne and that is his birthname. He looks like a Clyde to me, at least. The girl... I'm not sure.