Monday, June 8, 2009

Our revolving door...

Can you stand how cute this dog is? Can you even imagine that he was like minutes from being euthanized? Don't get me wrong, I think our local shelter is great, they do what they can - it's the people that dump the dogs there that make me crazy. Anyway, I got an e-mail about these two from the shelter rescue coordinator with a deadline of 4pm that day. Around 3:30 I had Tom convinced we should go meet them. I shot off an e-mail to the shelter to hold on to them!

My mom and I went down to the shelter to meet them on Saturday. There was tons of interest in lots of the dogs down there - but none on these two. They had been owner surrendered to the shelter. Dropped in a night drop box. The little shaggy thing is a boy and the little miniature fox is a little girl and they could not be sweeter. And let me tell you - a bath went a long way with these two.
So, with Scribble, Captain, and Tenille, our last round of fosters, all adopted into loving homes - we were able to go pick up these two. They don't have names yet - we're still working on that. Feel free to send any suggestions our way. They should be posted on the Blue Dog Rescue site by tomorrow morning! Check 'em out!