Saturday, May 16, 2009

Wish me luck!

So I have finally gotten up the nerve to apply for a booth at ACL. If you don't know what ACL is - it's a HUGE music festival here in Austin. It's big I am telling you. Bands like Beastie Boys, Pearl Jam, and Dave Matthews are playing this year. Previous years Van Morrison, Tom Petty, Beck, John Mayer, etc. It's big. It's a three day festival that attracts roughly 65,000 people. Yes, I mean three zeros. 65,000 people! I've been a little a-scared to apply in the past. That's a heck of a lot of inventory and the booth fee is, ahem, steep. But this year my friend Liz of the super fabulous Bolsa Bonita suggested we share a booth. Now that's a great way to ease into it. Still intimidating but much easier for my brain to deal with. So, wish me luck!

7 comments:

Flight Fancy said...

Definitely wishing you good luck! That sounds like a great event.

Tom Gibson said...

I'm a little a-scared, too. "Fangers" crossed.

robyncz said...

Metalsgirl and Bolsa Bonita will make a great team. I LOVE her bags. Man, it's almost worth braving the crowds at ACL!

If you have to do a marathon assembly operation before the fest, let me know. Zoe and I would totally help you out.

Metalsgirl said...

Be careful what you offer Robyn!!!

thecosmiccowgirl said...

i wish you luck--and an offer of help, too!

robyncz said...

The offer was made in all seriousness.

And congratulations on the Rarest of the Rare thing. I'm not the least bit surprised.

Mama Deb said...

I'll help too...bringing you a beer as I stumble between stages, that is :)
I hope you get it!! I'll be there Sat. and Sunday.

Oh...and I'm in town next weekend. I'm thinking beers at the G-man Friday night? (6/5)