Sunday, August 3, 2008

It's my Party and I'll Nap if I want to...

So today was my birthday! And while I'm not so thrilled with turning another year older I do have to admit I enjoy the idea of the birthday. Not so much the spectacle kind of birthday, more the do-whatever-you-want kind of birthday. So, I slept in, had a yummy brunch at my parents, opened presents, and then took a long, decadent, two hour nap! It was heavenly! That's the thing about birthdays, you do tend to think a bit about life...it's sure a good thing to be able to truly enjoy something as simple as a nap.

3 comments:

Miracle Graphic Creations said...

Happy Birthday!

That cake looks yummy by the way! haha. =)

french panic said...

Happy birthday!

I find that each passing birthday becomes more and more ominous for me. Your comment of "you do tend to think a bit about life" has become a gigantic annual personal inventory list for me: career, goals, aspirations, morphing friendship, family, ..... eeek. Just thinking about it makes me want to have a nap, too.

capitolagirl said...

Happy Birthday! That's a really great cake, looks delish :-)