Thursday, June 26, 2008

Who do you love?

I just took a bunch of new photos of jewelry, etc. the other day and had to spotlight Willie! Living in Texas it's a requirement that you love and adore Willie Nelson - I think you get your Texas citizenship revoked if you DON'T love Willie! And what better bottlecap to use than Lone Star - or at least some Texas beer?

So, my question is, "Who do you love?" Who should I consider adding to my bottlecap repritoire? So far I have the following fabulous people - Tom Selleck (of course!), Dolly Parton, Richard Dawson, Angela Lansbury, Willie, James Garner, Isaac (the bartender from the Love Boat), Obama, Bob Geldof...but who else deserves to be immortalized in resin? I mean, look at the company they would keep - it has to be people who would live up to the afore mentioned people! So, share your thoughts! If I pick yours I will happily send you your very own!

16 comments:

* Amanda * said...

hmm. a bit random but I would say David Bowie!

Metalsgirl said...

thanks Amanda!

niftyknits said...

How about Steve Irwin?

subu said...

i heart angela lansbury. that's awesome.

i vote for james dean.

Metalsgirl said...

huge James Dean fan too! When I was in highschool I tried to get my friends to call me JD - never really took off! :)

Mary V. Smith said...

how about Marge Simpson...you know, Bart's mom! You gotta love her hair! Love your blog and your work Metalsgirl!

Crystal said...

Hmm, I'm not sure, but I'm a Texan born and bred and can honestly say I'm not a huge fan of Willie.

*shock* *gasp*

Sorry. lol :)

ranunculae said...

Frida Kahlo. Billie Holiday.
or...Starbuck from battlestar gallactica!

although i'm with subu on angela landsbury. i spent a disproportionate amount of my childhood watching murder she wrote episodes.

Heather Buchanan said...

I agree with Amanda - David Bowie!

Art By MAR said...

Love your blog! Your jewelry is amazing too. How about Mick Jagger?

Tom Gibson said...

Sabrina Duncan (aka Kate Jackson)

niftyknits said...

david tennant *swoon* - but be wary of using the w h o word, I got well and truly slapped for knitting certain small fatty monsters ;-)

tanyBUG said...

edward norton a la fight club

we all have a little fight in us ;)

common grackle said...

Hank Williams (Senior, of course!)

Arty Allsorts said...

If you go with James Dean, what about some of the other icons out there? Marilyn Monroe, JFK, Greta Garbo, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Che Guevarra, Audrey Hepburn, Humphrey Bogart etc etc

Kim Maguire said...

I vote Rob Lowe from St. Elmo's Fire days, any one of The Smurfs.